10.23.2007

Chris wrote the following poem for Wesley last night.... I thought it was sweet.
__________________________________
WHEN HE MEETS ME AT THE DOOR


My lawn did not get mowed today
There are weeds in the front bed
I started a project 3 wks ago
That has been moved to the back of the shed.

Didn’t mark anything off the honey-do list
The dog should be glad he got fed
Spent that time with my little boy
Following wherever he led.

There’s just something about the way he laughs
And the way a lion says, "ROAR!”
Or maybe it’s the way he smiles and runs
To meet me at the door

I sang a song, then played a game
I flipped him over my head
I taught him how to catch a ball
And the difference between blue and red.

I know my chores will be completed
Of that his Mom will make sure
But not until I get a hug
When he meets me at the door.

No comments: