Chris & I went in for my 12 week OB check-up this morning... we got to hear the newest baby Johnson's heartbeat for the first time, and everything seems to be progressing well. I've only gained about 2.5lbs so far in the pregnancy (by this point last time I had gained around 10 or so); however, I'm struggling this time around with finding foods that sound appetizing and don't make me sick, so I'm sure that explains it.
It's odd to me how much different my pregnancy experience is overall this time as well. I remember with Wesley how nervous I was before every appt., hoping that we would hear the heartbeat and hoping everything was okay. I would obsess about every little thing that could go wrong and every little pain I felt. I don't know if all mothers experience this difference, but I've been completely relaxed this time - obviously still cognizant of the fact that I'm pregnant, but not worried or obsessive about it at all. It's a nice change. It might have something to do with the fact that I spend my time chasing after a toddler and don't have the energy left over to obsess :). The poor baby is already getting less attention than Wesley and (s)he isn't even here yet.
Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment