4.30.2008

Slacking...

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Since the pix of Indiana that I posted last week, Wesley and Chris have both been under the weather, and I've been tired and lazy :). I promise new pix will come soon, though.

Well, my friend Elaine tagged me with a blog thingy - I'm supposed to write 7 interesting things about myself... Not sure I can come up with 7 things, much less interesting things, but I guess I'll give it a shot. And, just for the record, because of this, Elaine is no longer my friend.

1. In the 6th grade, I won a national essay contest with an essay I wrote (or did my mom write it? it's all a little fuzzy...) about saying no to drugs. Along the same lines, I was the best speller in my elementary school in the 5th grade (even though I would later get knocked out during the first round of a spelling bee for misspelling 'pollute').

2. I had my first real kiss when I was 12... I was wearing a green and white polka-dotted outfit, riding home in a van from volunteering at a homeless shelter. Very romantic.

3. When I was 10, my cousin Jennifer and I "twerped" the same guy at church camp. He, of course said yes, and was walking around holding both our hands. My dad was there, and for some odd reason, did not approve. He made the guy let go of my hand. Pretty embarrassing back then.

4. In my former life, I danced on a bar or two. It was, of course, always done in the very best taste.

5. I let my son eat his toe jam.

6. I sometimes use the dishrag to wipe something off of the floor and toss it in the sink to dry... then I forget and use it on dishes.

7. It makes me nervous when people call me smart. I'm afraid that one day everyone will find out that I'm really not all that bright and be terribly disappointed.

THE END!!!!!

No comments: