6.27.2008

Here we go!!!

So, here it is at 4:45am on the morning of what is to be our newest son's date of arrival. Believe it or not, I actually did get a good amount of sleep (thank you, ambien) and am ready to get this show on the road!

The last couple of days have been great, yet odd in a bittersweet way. I'm fully cognisant of the fact that it will no longer be just the three of us at breakfast and dinner, just the three of us playing outside, just the three of us going through our nighttime rituals, and just the two of us spending time together playing and running errands during the day. While I am so excited to meet our new addition, I feel a sort of sad tugging at my heart when I think about the time I/we won't get to share with just Wesley anymore. Raising him and being his parents the past couple of years have brought us immeasurable joy, and knowing that we will now enter a whole new chapter brings on a sort of nostalgic feeling. (I can only imagine what Wesley would feel if he knew :) )

That said, we are very ready to start this new phase and feel so blessed to be able to welcome Dylan into our family today. For all the families out there that can only wish for a child, we have already been blessed with one and are looking forward to meeting our second today! What a gift we've been given. Please keep us in your prayers as we face what today, and the next few weeks, will bring. We will update you again as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Jae said...

Praying for you guys! Hope all is going well. Can't wait to see Dylan!