8.22.2009

My Grandparents

My dad sent me this picture from his phone today - it's a picture of my grandparents sitting next to their house... not sure what the occassion was, but I thought it was a great picture, so I wanted to share it (not sure they will agree, but I hope they're okay with it). We live about 6 hours from them, so we don't get to see them as much as we would like... I miss them, and I miss that my boys don't get the pleasure of knowing their great-grandparents the way I knew them growing up.
Their house is special to me because it's one of the only places that remains almost exactly as I remember it from my childhood - everytime I go back, I remember the family Christmases in the living room, the many meals around the small dining room table (my favorites were the biscuits and gravy, mashed potatoes and dumplings), rolling down the hill next to their garage as a little girl (a hill which I'm pretty sure used to be much bigger), exploring the woods behind their house, sledding in the wintertime, swimming in the summer, spending nights with my cousin, Easter egg hunts, and the list goes on. It feels a lot like home when I'm there. Anyway, I just wanted to share... love you, grandma & grandpa, and I hope you're okay with me sharing the picture.



No comments: