I never, ever, ever thought I would say this, but I am no longer a fan of snow. Yes, it's beautiful and fun to play in, but now that I have a 2 and 4-year-old, I have no use for it. Whenever we get any snow around here, it means that we are snowed in for at least 2 days, which means that W & DC are all over one another for hours and hours on end, and i get to play referee... an exhausting, no-fun task. Sure, I can visualize those families that drink hot chocolate around the fireplace in footie pajamas and snuggle, but that isn't what happens around here... so, I have officially become anti-winter. I looked at real estate in Florida this morning, but I'm pretty sure we couldn't seal the deal by later today, so there's really not much point.
Anyway, below you will see the beautiful view from my kitchen window...
The neighbor girls knocked on our door and asked if the boys wanted to come out and play... they were just waking up from their naps so I told her it might be a bit. She said they would be outside for at least an hour. By the time we were through with all the whining, wiggling and layering and had gotten outside, the girls were already back inside. No biggie, though, we got to play outside for a whole 15 minutes before Big D completely lost it and we had to go back inside. Something about a snowball that W threw in his face... Anyway, it was a fun quarter hour. We made snow angels, threw snowballs and made the biggest snowman ever.






2 comments:
catching up on blogs... i love your's!
Welcome back! I do love your posts. I know it takes a lot to do it though. Mine doesn't get updated nearly enough. Here is hoping for warm weather! I agree totally with you there! Edna
Post a Comment